I teach the Speech Level Singing method (SLS), focusing on using the natural voice and keeping your style without straining.
Ways in which I can help you with Vocal Technique:
- Exercises to help you develop your range
- Registers – bridging the transition between head voice and chest voice, blending registers
- How to keep your voice healthy
- Breathing – how to understand the mechanics of breathing and exercises to further your breathing techniques
- Remedying bad technique
- Innovative approach to improvising
- Teaching how to make the song your own
- Utilising my acting skills, I can provide dramatic training (such as help with diction, posture and projection), to complement musical ability
I teach individuals and groups/duos, from the very first beginners who have never sung before, to advanced singers looking to expand their repertoire and practising for auditions or industry showcases.
I can guide students according to ability and voice, but I’m equally happy to coach students who want to learn a specific song.
If you have sung previously and had a break from singing, but want to get back into shape, I can help!
I can provide the accompaniment in my classes, or we can use backing tracks. I also provide a microphone.
I specialise in making students feel at ease, knowing how terrifying your first lesson can be! There’ll always be a cup of tea on stand-by!
Any age group is welcome!